Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Simple Skirt


I had been meaning to make this skirt for months, but it just never made it to the top of my never-ending list of what to sew next.


 I wish I would have made it sooner, since we've had a pretty mild winter and I could have worn it a good bit through this pregnancy, but it will still get plenty of use. I saved my scraps, so after this baby is born I can put a real waistband on it and have a not-pregnant me-sized skirt :o)
It started as a dress a friend gave me, so all I did was cut the top off, add darts in the back and a BIG pleat in the front, and sew on an elastic waistband that I ripped off of some really ugly maternity pants that I don't even remember where they came from. Took about 1 hour because I added a lining too. 


Easy comfy and cute!
I enjoyed wearing my newish boots with my newer boot socks that Tim gave me for Christmas!!
This was Jan.1st and I think around 60 something degrees :o). I'm loving this SC winter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment