Monday, July 5, 2010

Airplanes and Automobiles Part 1


So this is my latest addition-in-progress to the boys' room.
I started about 1 year ago painting their room with cars, trucks, helicopters and now a big blue airplane.
I did most of the room last spring, and sometime in the summer before I was too sick pregnant I painted the helicopter, so now I thought it was about time to finish everything I was planning before I got so pukey last year :o)
I always start by drawing whatever it is on paper, then tape it together and cut out the shape so I can trace it onto the wall.


You can see a faint outline if you look close.


Here with a little more detail.


And here with one coat of paint.


This is maybe 3 coats.


And the helicopter on the other wall.



It took me 2 Full days to hand paint all those stripes. But I did that part a year ago. Thank goodness I won't have to do that again!!!



They have cars and trucks all the way around.



I still need a few details like yellow lines on the road and maybe some clouds around the top. That will have to be part 2 :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment