So, I'm still working on my diaper cover pattern and I think I'm just about there.
Here I used chalk to give a rough idea of what I wanted. I like them to be a bit on the big side so we have lots of growing room. For us, after about 6 months old (which is just where we are right now) is about the largest cover we will need because all 3 boys have hit 20 lbs at this point, so with a cover that has room for getting mostly taller and just a little wider we are really set until they are in undies all the time. Wool is nice and stretchy, so as long as the cover is tall enough you really get a wide size range! I like to have 2 covers in a small size and 2 in a medium, but at least 3 or 4 in this large size so if I have 2 children at a time that need one (like a new baby and another that needs one at night) there's enough to go around.
I traced it on paper, then made a new line on one side that I wanted to try for a better fit.
I used chalk to trace the new line on the cover and sewed around, putting elastic in the sides.
I use 1/4 inch elastic in the sides and 1/2 inch for the back. Usually :o) Or whatever I have at the time, but I like bigger at the back.
I try to use the bottom of the sweater for the back so it's finished already.
Just a zig-zag stitch and leave the top open.
Add some velcro.
And here's my BIG guy :o)
It comes up just over his belly button, so there's plenty of room but it still fits fine now.
These are kinda funny pictures of him, but it's hard to get a good one when he's flapping around constantly!
I think it's just as hard to get a good picture of Tim :o)
I live with boys all around me and none of them know how to be serious for a minute, but I love it!!!