Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New PJ's all Around



For Caleb's Birthday I made him some much-needed jammies. I used this pattern and liked it a lot.

Babies Layette Sewing Pattern, Size XXS - M, Simplicity 9782

It was a simple and quick sew - only taking one nap time :o). I like instant gratification!!!! :o) The pants have a cuff, so you can roll them up or let down as baby grows.


Of course adding my label. 


So classic. 


I  appliqued the C as an afterthought just so it's not so plain.


For Samuel and Josiah's I used this pattern from the 70's (Soo Cute!).


I Love these jammies!


I love the wide legs!
They are so cute on Josiah!!


I tucked about 3 extra inches into the sleeve length and pants hem, so they should fit for a few years to come. I figure if you're putting your time into making something you might as well make it last!
Even if I need to add a strip of something to the bottom of the shirt so his belly won't hang out in a year or two the rest will still fit. I also overlapped about 3 inches of the elastic in the waistband of the pants so that can be let out too. See my nice thick hem :o). I made a double line, but with very long stitches so it won't be to hard to get out later.


I think the buttons really make the whole thing though!!
I love the vintage feel!


They're Josiah's favorite too.


Samuel's seem a little more grown-up looking with the plaid I think. I really wanted to use these cute teddy bear buttons, but I had already told Samuel he could pick out whatever he wanted, so we ended up getting ...


giraffe buttons :o(. They're ok (better then the pink flowers he was also looking at :o) ), but the bears would have made it look how I wanted it to. Oh well, not the end of the world.


Here are all my guys :o) So handsome!!!


With lots of kisses to go around.




It was fun to make them each a warm fuzzy pair for winter. Maybe next year I'll make some for myself :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment