Friday, February 19, 2010

Picture Perfect


I never knew where to put those extra pictures and things that always ended up just laying on a desk somewhere for at least 6 months. The other day I had an idea to take a pair of linen pants, find some buttons and twine, and make some wall space useful. My mom gave me the pants 2 or 3 years ago because they were too big. I always thought I would get around to making a little boy's suit for easter but never did :o) I always have such good intentions. It was really easy! I cut up a cardboard box and used tape across the folded parts to make it stronger, used a thick padding for a quilt (not sure what it's called), and stapled it around all sides. I cut one seam out of each pant leg and sewed the two pant legs together.


I stapled the pant pieces to the cardboard, wrapped some twine around at an angle one way and then the other. I sewed cute buttons through the cardboard, making sure they were tight enough to hold pictures well. I also used the little flaps from the waistband in the corners and made flowers out of a scrap from the pants and old ribbon. I like it!


(Eventually I'll write something really meaningful on those blank pieces of paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment