Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Every Girl Needs Some Black Panties!

This is my first successful attempt at underwear. I made a pattern from a pair I had, but need to tweak it a bit. After wearing them through 3 pregnancies and in between they are slightly out of shape to say the least.


I had some very elasticy (?) material, so I didn't need to add any elastic to the legs. It was also finished on one side so that worked well  for the top. Would be nice to get some lacy elastic for future use. I sewed the sides and bottom, adding a piece of cotton from a old shirt.


I turned under the top of the cotton but at the bottom just did a straight stitch, then a zig-zag to finish the edge.
Maybe next time I will turn under the bottom too.


Turn under and zig-zag around the legs.


I never took a picture right side out but even inside out they look pretty good if I do say so myself!
Next maybe I should recover my ironing board :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment