Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Something Old And Something New


I love when people give me stuff!!! A friend asked me if I could do anything with these pants that her son wore the knees out of. Of course, I said yes. I had an idea a while back but hadn't gotten around to doing it, so this was a perfect opportunity to get motivated.
First, we have one perfectly good pair of jeans (all but the holes)


I ripped the inner seams open all the way to the hem, giving room for sewing.


I found some corduroy that I thought would be cute.


Cut small patches for the inside of the pants.


And sewed them in place.



My great idea was paw prints for patches. I don't think that I've seen this anywhere before, so I've been saying that it was my own idea :o)


Just pin in place.


And sew around the edges carefully.


Then I set the zig-zag stitch very close on my machine and went around the edges again.
I'm not sure if I like it better with just the straight stitch or zig-zag too. I may do the next pair a little different.


I turned the pants back inside out and re-sewed the seam I ripped out. Then did a zig-zag on the edge to prevent unraveling.


Wow, that was easy!


And SO cute!!!


Josiah loves his new pants. 


 Thanks Kerri xoxo
I have a few more pair to do. Maybe the next will be different animal prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment